When you are on your feet all day for work, you definitely need a pair of socks that wick moisture away and stay comfortable through your shifts and overtime.
If you go to work sockless, your shoe will become a dark, warm, and moist environment for bacteria and fungi to thrive.
Work boot socks should be breathable, durable, resilient and should keep your feet dry and comfy after hours of wear so that you do not go back home at the end of the day with sore feet.
Since we know that finding working socks suitable for work in summer is really hard to do alone, we have put a master list of The Best Work Socks for Hot Weather, especially for you. (You are not alone!)
- 0.1 List of Best Work Socks for Hot Weather 2022.
- 0.2 Comparison table
- 0.3 Best work socks.
- 0.3.1 1. Dickies Dri-tech (Moisture Control)
- 0.3.2 2. Hanes Men’s FreshIQ X-Temp Crew
- 0.3.3 3. Thorlos Experia Xccu (Thin Cushion)
- 0.3.4 4. Copper Infused Athletic Crew (Anti Smell)
- 0.3.5 5. Carhartt Men’s All-season Cotton
- 0.3.6 6. Wigwam at Work Crew
- 0.3.7 7. Fox River Steel-Toe
- 0.3.8 8. Thorlos Wcxu Max Cushion Crew (12 Hour Shift)
- 0.3.9 9. Saucony Women’s No Show
- 0.3.10 10. Darn Tough Coolmax Socks (Micro Cushion
- 0.4 Frequently Asked Questions about Best Work Socks for Hot Weather
List of Best Work Socks for Hot Weather 2022.
- Dickies Men’s Dri-tech.
- Hanes Men’s FreshIQ X-Temp Crew.
- Thorlos Experia Xccu Thin Cushion.
- Copper Infused Athletic Crew.
- Carhartt Men’s All-season Cotton.
- Wigwam at Work Crew.
- Fox River Steel-Toe.
- Thorlos unisex-adult Wcxu Max Cushion
- Saucony Women’s Arch Stripe Performance No Show
- Darn Tough Coolmax
|BRAND||PRIMARY FABRIC||CUSHIONING||PACK SIZE||MADE IN|
|Dickies Men’s Dri-tech||Poly and cotton||Full-cushion sole||6||Pakistan|
|Hanes Men’s FreshIQ X-Temp Crew||Cotton||Foot bottom||5||USA and imported|
|Thorlos Experia Xccu Thin Cushion||Coolmax||Heel and ball||3||USA and imported|
|Copper Infused Athletic Crew||Combed Cotton||Footbed||2||Imported|
|Carhartt Men’s All-season Cotton||Combed Cotton||Heel and toes||3||USA|
|Wigwam at Work Crew||Cotton||Foot bottom||3||USA|
|Fox River Steel-Toe||Acrylic||Heel and toes||2||USA|
|Thorlos unisex-adult Wcxu Max Cushion||Acrylic||heel, forefoot, sidewalls, and over the toe||3||USA|
|Saucony Women’s Arch Stripe Performance No Show||Polyester||Sole||6||imported|
|Darn Tough Coolmax||Nylon||Sole||1||Usa|
Best work socks.
The Dickies Men’s Dri-Tech Crew features moisture control fibers to keep your feet dry while wearing work boots.
This sock is SUPER BREATHABLE because of its ventilation channels engineered for air circulation and moisture control.
This sock is crafted from a piece of breathable fabric for your comfort, making it feels so soft and gentle against your skin.
While the moisture control construction keeps your sweaty feet dry and comfortable all day.
The added spandex ensures the fit every time you slip them on; it keeps them in place while you are on the move.
Whether you are at work or have a busy day on the go, this pack is the excellent must-have essential for any occasion.
The white sock is made of.
- 53% Poly,
- 41% Cotton
- 5% Nylon
- 1% Spandex
The Black sock is made of.
- 75% Cotton
- 19% Poly
- 5% Nylon
- 1% Lycra® Spandex.
Pros & Cons
- Fits all sizes
- Full-cushion comfort
- Good value for money
- Run slightly smaller in size
After trying Dickies Dri-tech Socks, you will fall in love with its durable reinforced toe and heel and the comfy full cushion foot.
Make sure you buy the right size.
2. Hanes Men’s FreshIQ X-Temp Crew
The famous Hanes socks industry presents to you Hanes Men’s FreshIQ X-Temp Crew Socks that will take your time at work in summer to the next level.
Hanes features FreshIQ’s advanced odor protection technology that wicks away the bacteria.
That causes odor and smell so that you feel fresh during your shifts and hours of work.
It also features the X-Temp’s technology designed to keep your feet cool and dry all day by adapting to your temperature and activity.
The sock is made of.
- 77% Cotton,
- 18% Polyester,
- 3% Rubber,
- 1% Nylon,
- 1% Spandex
The most interesting features of The Hanes Men’s FreshIQ X-Temp Crew work boot Socks are the Mesh panels providing ventilation.
And that they cradle your feet and stay put, preventing them from sliding into the shoe.
Another feature that merits attention is that the Crew length stays up for extra comfort and hits at mid-calf, and the compact cushioning provides comfort without bulkiness
Pros & Cons
- Cooling technology
- Soft fabric
- Elastic stretch
- Lightweight comfort
we are happily recommending the Hanes Men’s FreshIQ X-Temp Crew Socks for work boots ; the cooling and odor protection technologies will make your feet super COMFY and DRY all-day
Thorlos introduces to you the revolutionary sock product The Thorlos Experia Xccu Thin Cushion Socks.
Made of exclusive thin cushion padding to give you the support and comfort you need.
The contoured, sculpted fit follows your feet’ natural ball and heel pattern for an impressive fit.
Lightweight Achilles Tendon Pads prevent rubbing, and the mesh design increases breathability in the Experia® socks.
The looped fibers and the exclusive ThorWick cool moisture fibers do a great job of wicking moisture away from your feet and keeping them dry and cool while wearing your work boots.
The sock is made of
- 65% – Coolmax
- 20% – Nylon
- 14% – Polyester
- 1% – Elastic
For your comfort, the Mesh polyester design provides weight reduction and maximum breathability.
And the Coolmax Performance in the heel and ball pads offer excellent moisture management
Thorlos also places a thin cushion on the heels and the balls of the feet, not that thick but enough for the protection of your feet.
The sizing of these socks is specific, with various options for making sure the fit is precise—NO SLOPPY toes or heels.
Pros & Cons
- Great fit Breathable Perfectly placed padding
- Unisex fit Easily washed
- Not grippy within the shoe
- The low cut is kind of a tweener
- Run slightly smaller in size
We recommend Thorlos Experia Xccu to anyone who needs a lighter sock with ultimate breathability and enough comfort to keep your foot comfy for a long time.
Thanks to their high-quality fabrics, the Copper Infused Athletic Crew Socks for work boots are designed to prevent painful blisters for your everyday work.
The shoe’s foot loop completely covers your feet for increased double protection from the wounds caused by excessive friction between your feet and shoes.
One more notable feature is the copper ions in the yarn that produces a natural protected area by eliminating 99% of the sweat and odor.
The blended copper ion fabrics are smooth, soft, and able to wrinkle resistance, wick moisture away, and keep the dry fit, helping to get rid of embarrassing feet. Smell
Not only this, but the copper also soothes aching muscles. At the same time, the fabric maintains airflow so that your feet stay dry.
The sock is made of
- 80% Combed Cotton
- 20% Copper yarn
If you are sick of other socks slipping down, the heel tab in this sock prevents it from slipping down.
The cushioned sole also gives it a soft feel and keeps it warm in cold conditions.
The plush under sole cushioning gives arch protection and prevents the feet injury.
Simultaneously, the seamless toe secures protection against yarn chaffing and the irritation caused by other traditional toe seams.
This sock comes to your rescue; it enhances blood circulation by improving venous return.
And Reduces muscle vibration and oscillation upon ground contact, providing the muscles with stability, causing a faster recovery and improved performance.
Copper features a strong moisture-wicking material and mesh venting blend.
Keeping your feet dry and cool, which is super necessary and comfortable for your work boots.
These unisex best socks are neither too thick nor too thin, Breathable during summer and warm in winter.
Lastly, they are professionally designed for work time, sports, mountain climbing, hiking, running, marathon, tennis, hockey, cycling, and golf.
They also fit any everyday dressing for teens and adults
- Medium sizes fit Shoe Size 6-12 US
- Large sizes fit Shoe Size 12-14 US.
- 1. DO NOT bleach the sock; it will make Nano copper be too lost.
- 2. DO NOT iron the sock that will harm the Nano copper.
- 3. DO NOT put the sock in a dry clean machine.
- 4. Wash it at 40 degrees (the warm wash), Flat dry.
Pros & Cons
- Good quality construction
- Cozy stretch top
- Elastic arches
- Have a strong chemical smell
- Shrinks if washed without following the instructions
The cozy stretch top, breathable fiber, and moisture-wicking material make Copper Infused Athletic Crew Socks one of the best socks you can ever have.
Just follow the washing instructions to make the sock last longer.
Carhartt Men’s All-season is the best socks for everyday wear not only in hot weather but in any weather. Thanks to the breathable cotton-nylon blend.
What makes this sock deserves to be on our list of best sock for work socks during hot weather is the odor protection that keeps your feet fresh and the Spandex fibers for a comfortable fit.
The High cotton content with the extra cushioning in the toe and heel gives you comfort and protection.
Whether you are wearing sneakers or boots or using them during work or playtime, these socks are great for any environment.
The white and black socks are made of.
- 73% combed cotton
- 17% nylon/
- 9% Polyester
- 1% lycra spandex.
The grey sock is made of.
- 60% combed cotton
- 16% nylon
- 23% Polyester
- 1% lycra spandex
The Carhartt All-season Cotton Socks’ notable features are their durability for the active hard-working.
And their extra support that delivers full-motion stability and support.
They are expertly constructed to keep your feet comfy all day long because of their targeted cushioning in high-impact areas that offer maximum padded protection.
Carhartt All-season socks deliver the ultimate softness to make your last step feel as good as the first one.
These work socks are equipped with technical features for ultimate comfort, enabling you to outperform them all.
They are made with premium absorbent cotton for extra breathability—wicking sweat and fighting the toughest odors.
The Proprietary odor-neutralizing technology of the socks keeps your feet fresh in any condition.
SIZING and fit.
- M (Men’s Shoes Size 5-9, Women’s Shoes Size 6-10)
- L (Men’s Shoes Size 9-12, Women’s Shoes Size 10-13)
- X-L (Men’s Shoes Size 12-15, Women’s Shoes Size 13+)
Pros & Cons
- Breathable cotton
- Reinforced toe and heel
- Engineered support at the arch
- Extra padding
- The top of the sock is a little tight
If you are looking for breathable, soft, odor-resistant work socks for hot weather, Carhartt All-season Cotton Socks will correctly do the job.
Another ideal hot weather socks are Wigwam at Work Crew Socks, Your ultimate heavy-duty sock for all-day wear.
Wigwam at Work Socks is one of Wigwam’s best-selling products. Let’s check out the reasons behind that.
- The anti-microbial Odor Guards kill germs and prevent odor, keeping your feet fresh, and they remain effective even after several washes.
- A stay-put leg and top keep you only concentrating on your job, not on your slippery work socks.
- Each sock offers fully cushioned, long-wearing soles with a low-profile toe closure, which doesn’t crowd the toe box, keeping your feet comfortable all day.
- They are cushioned in the foot bottom to keep your feet protected and comfy, providing you with the confidence to carry on the long hours of work to get the job done.
- Wigwam at Work sock is not only odor-absorbent, but they also fight bacteria for promoting healthy feet.
- Last but not least, you can get through the all-day pressure without sweaty and tired feet in these socks.
The white sock is made of.
- 86% Cotton
- 9% Stretch Nylon
- 3% Elastic (rubber)
- 2% Polyester
The Black sock is made of.
- 67% Cotton
- 17% Acrylic
- 13% Stretch Nylon
- 3% Elastic (rubber)
Sizes for Men.
- M-Sizes 5-9-5
- L-Sizes 9-12
- X-L Sizes 12-15
Sizes for Women.
- M-Sizes 6-10
- L-Sizes 10-13
Pros & Cons
- No Odor
- Cushioned Sole
- Long-wearing sole
- Odor guard treated
- Low profile toe closure
- Not too thick
- After several washes you might feel like the cushion is getting flat
- Not super durable
Wigwam’s At Work Crew socks are like iron keeping your feet cushioned in comfort from the first light to quitting time. Don’t hesitate to Go ahead and get your Wigwam on
Fox River Steel Toe Socks are built to give the wearer comfort, freshness, and protection.
They are primarily made of acrylic, soft human-made fiber that is durable, lightweight.
And gives warmth and comfort. That acrylic is mixed with stretchy spandex. And tough nylon
For the ultimate comfort, there is extra heavy-duty cushioning over the toe and above the heel.
One more notable feature of this working sock is the Wick Dry technology that draws sweat and moisture away from your skin and removes moisture buildup, leading to friction and blisters.
Not only this, but the URfit system also combines spandex compression zones, memory knit compression.
And a contoured rib top for the perfect personalized fit for every individual.
What do we like the most about Fox River Steel-Toe Socks?
- These socks are made of an impressively comfortable and warm synthetic blend, featuring extra cushioning above the heel and on the toe box for more extended wear.
- These hot weather socks use an exclusive technology for wicking sweat and moisture away quickly and removing moisture buildup, reducing hot spots and friction, keeping your feet and ankles dry, fresh, comfortable, and blister-free.
- These work socks are built to be thicker than some other socks to protect your feet, but still, they can fit nicely into your work boots.
- The soft acrylic fibers of the sock can be dyed in various colors easier than other natural fibers.
- These rugged working socks will take your workday can dish out, keeping you comfortable in your work shoes, even under the hardest conditions.
- The steel-toe construction offers extra cushioning over the toe and above the heels.
- The socks can be washed in the washing machine, and they can be tossed in a dryer too, there is no special care or line drying required.
- The product is guaranteed against manufacturing defects for a whole year.
What don’t we like about these Socks?
- These work boot socks don’t absorb sweat super-duper well. You might need to change into another pair after about half a day of wear.
- These socks start at mid-calf and begin to slip down over time as they lose the elastic slowly.
- The socks may start to wear down and develop holes after a few weeks of use.
Pros & Cons
- Nylon provides durability
- Spandex provides flexibility
- Heavy cushioning above the heel and over the toe
- Wick away dry technology
- Personalized fit
- Don’t absorb sweat super-duper well
- Slip down over time
- May start to wear down after several uses
Fox River Steel-Toe Socks are such a nice pair of socks you can have, but you shouldn’t expect them to stay with you for a lifetime.
Thorlos created these work socks for workers who spend their days standing in their work boots for the best working experience.
Many other brands have cushioning in the toe and heel only, but these work socks have thick pads in the weight-bearing areas, like the foot’s ball, making standing for long times more tolerable.
Padding is clinically shown to be reducing moisture, blisters, and pressure in work socks.
Let’s take a closer look at Thorlos Wcxu Max Cushion Crew Socks best features
- These work boot socks are designed for people whose job requires standing most of the day, providing them with ultimate foot protection and day comfort while wearing their work shoes and boots.
- These are built to make you only focus on the work on your hands, not to be distracted by your foot.
- Each sock has compression (12 mmHg) through the top of it for reducing fatigue in your legs and for providing support to your calf muscles.
- The Arch and ankle support reduces foot fatigue, Making this sock one of the best work socks in your drawer.
- Clinically-tested padding under the foot and heel ball, providing the best protection from friction with your steel toe boots.
- Aerodynamic fit for extra-breathability to help keep your foot cool.
- They are Constructed with THOR-LON fibers for impressive durability, resilience, softness, and moisture-wicking for fresher, drier, better feeling foot.
- Padding in balls and heels protects weight-bearing areas from impacts.
- Ventilated sock frame for more breathability, less weight, and a snug, aerodynamic fit together, making your sweaty feet stay cool and warm.
- A flat-knit instep and cushion in the Arch, with added support on the arch for enhanced fit
- supports enhanced circulation for people on their feet for long periods
- These pair of socks can be used during exercising, as they will never fail in day comfort and support for exercising.
- Low profile toe seam doesn’t rub or irritate your foot.
- Some other thick socks are not soft like this model. you can feel threads under your foot
Pros & Cons
- Super comfortable
- Helps in reducing pain
- Great combination of padding and stretch between the toes and heel
- Supports good circulation
- Sometimes they run too small
- They don’t go over the calf
The super-comfortable Thorlos Wcxu Max Cushion Crew is one of the best socks for heroes who stay all day long on their feet, they provide arch support and support good circulation.
But dear hero, please try to buy the right size that fits you well as these socks might run too small.
Dear ladies, may we have your attention, please!
Saucony Women’s No Show best Socks is the perfect combination of support and comfort. Superb for the most challenging training sessions.
This model features support in the arch, flat toe seam air mesh venting, and moisture management for superior comfort. The added tab helps to protect against irritations and blisters.
For a fresh feeling, this sock features run-dry moisture management keeps, which keep your feet DRY and FRESH.
And for your safety and protection, there is targeted zone cushioning in high-impact areas.
The sock is made of
- 95% Polyester
- 4% Rubber
- 1% Elastane
What do we like about Saucony Women’s No Show Sock?
- These socks are ideal for any occasion. So, whether you are at work, gym, or on the road, these best hot weather socks will keep your feet dry and fresh.
- They Feature air mesh venting, arch support, and cushioned sole for superior comfort. The construction of Mesh ventilation creates maximum airflow that will keep your foot dry and cool in any conditions.
- The arch elastic on the sock provides extra support and stability for an excellent fit.
- Cushioned sole provides extra comfort and enhanced performance.
- The support in the arch prevents bunching and prevents your hot weather socks from slipping down.
- This work sock is the best sock for hot weather and a great athletic pair of socks: you can use it for sports like walking, running, cycling, hiking, traveling, and gym.
- It is made of durable fabrics that take a great stretch. And breathable for all sneakers and reinforced heel and toe.
- Extra-gear on the Heels designed to provide abrasion protection.
- Lastly, Saucony Women’s No Show Sock provides Superior support in the arch, which reduces foot fatigue.
What don’t we like about Saucony Women’s No Show Socks?.
- It needs to be washed with extra precaution unless you want to punch several holes through the sock structure.
- The knotted seams on the inside can cause pain on the toes.
Pros & Cons
- Reducing foot fatigue
- Maximized airflow
- Moisture-wicking technology
- Not easily-washed
- The knotted seams might cause pains
Ladies, Saucony Women’s No Show Sock is a nice option for you to consider, but bear in mind it will have multiple holes if not washed carefully.
10. Darn Tough Coolmax Socks (Micro Cushion
The Darn Tough Coolmax Socks are the ultimate companion and the best socks for you during the hot summer. It wicks moisture away from your skin and dries it fast.
The legendary Darn Tough Coolmax construction brings durability, comfort, and fit to the trail.
These high-quality socks have midlevel cushioning, that means they are more padded around your heel and toes than other non-wool pair of socks you tried before
They are also breathable: When wearing the best hot weather socks, Coolmax in hot weather, your foot will stay dry and sweat-free.
One more notable feature of this sock is the shorter micro-crew height, making it suitable for both shoes and boots.
These Darn Tough Coolmax work boot socks come in women’s and men’s options. And comes with a lifetime warranty like all Dam tough working socks.
The best Features of Darn Tough Coolmax Socks
- The Mid-level cushioning provides extra warmth while offering extra cushioning on the sole so that you can stay cool and comfortable.
- A performance fit doesn’t slip or bunch. They are designed mainly to prevent blisters.
- Fine gauge knitting offers impressive durability and a soft (almost invisible) feel.
- Designed to keep moisture away from your skin and disperse it over a bigger area on your sock to keep your feet dry more quickly.
- All-weather performance makes you stay at the right temperature no matter what weather it is.
- Coolmax® fabrics move sweat away from your sweaty feet and spread it over the sock so that it could be evaporated more quickly, even in warmer weather.
- Right Seamless toes are fused for a super smooth feel.
- They Can easily be washed on washing machines.
The sock is made of:
- 37% nylon
- 34% Coolmax® polyester
- 26% acrylic
- 2% Lycra® spandex
- 1% other fiber.
Pros & Cons
- Designed for high-performance
- Fit snug with no restrictions on the circulation
- Do not prevent odor
- Limited color options
If you are looking for comfortable pair of working socks, Darn Tough Coolmax Socks are a nice choice, but the not-nice part is that they don’t prevent odor and bad smell
Frequently Asked Questions about Best Work Socks for Hot Weather
How to choose the best socks for work boots in hot weather?
If you are working in harsh conditions during summer and hot weather, as in construction sites or places with possible sudden accident risks.
In such situations, you mustn’t be only equipped with the best work boots but also with the best work sock.
A suitable work sock can definitely make a big difference on your foot and even your whole body during hot weather.
So, before choosing the Best Socks for your work boots, you should consider some factors. Please read our guide below to select the right pair of work socks for hot weather.
Materials are the most important factors for you to consider. Your pair of work socks must be made of quick-drying,moisture-wicking, and odorizing materials.
It should not be too thick or too thin and should not cause foot sweat or overheat.
Your time at work requires hot weather socks made of strong protective material that offers cushion and support to keep your foot protected from the tough work boots.
It must soften and reduce the impact of the steel toe boots. You might mistakenly think that cotton materials are always the perfect choice for sweaty feet because they are naturally breathable materials and will feel cool and quickly absorb moisture.
But the problem with cotton material is that it doesn’t dry fast, which makes your foot damp and creates terrible smells on your feet by the end of the day.
You should also know that cotton materials are not that stretchy as synthetic, which will gradually make them lose their elasticity after several washes.
That’s why it will be better for you to look for a quick-drying materials mix as Polyester, spandex, Lycra, and merino wool for your work socks.
The best socks for work are made of durable materials as well. Merino wool materials are enough thermo-regulating and odor-resistant, makes them suitable for both cold and warm weather.
It is durable, lightweight, and has the ability to absorb moisture and wick it outside the fabric, adding day comfort to your working socks for your working.
#2 Odor Resistant
If you wear your socks for work boots in hot weather, then you need a pair of work socks that are quick-drying and odor-resistant, especially if your feet are sweaty.
Dry feet can prevent many foot issues such as athlete’s foot or toenail fungus and also improve breathability. It will be perfect for you to look for anti-bacterial fabric indications in your work socks.
The socks for work boots in hot weather should also be comfortable and of a great fit. They should not fit tight in your toes, which can cause blisters.
Your sock should be smooth, and its toe area should not be too big to avoid possible chaffing.
For ultimate comfort, the sock should mold to the shape of the calf, ankle, and foot. It is not supposed to be moving around on your foot while walking.
It should be tight enough in the calf to stop the sock from slipping down, but of course, not too tight to leave marks on your skin.
Your foot can have some foot problems like Plantar Fasciitis and pain when you stand on for long hours or work on concrete surfaces.
Those with flat feet need work boots made especially for the flat feet, and they also need work socks that support their ankles and arches.
Some work socks are made of reinforced mesh providing support in the arch, Similar to the ankle bracing socks that support the ankle’s movement.
Compression socks can also be great if you have poor circulation.
Height is another more important factor you should consider before buying the work socks.
According to the weather and the height of your work boots, you should choose your sock’s proper height.
As you already know, taller socks can cover most of your foot, protecting it from abrasion, which can be caused by direct contact and friction between the boot and the skin.
You need to wash your hot weather socks for the next day’s use. Heavy-duty and durable socks allow several washes with no damage. And if you want your sock to last longer, it is super important to follow the washing instructions.
If you stand on your feet for hours and hours of work on concrete floors, extra-padded socks are essential. Especially if you have a high arch
The padding might make your work boot socks thicker and lead to the work boots fitting too tightly to increase the heat inside them. I
if you need padding or insoles, you have to make sure that the padding fits comfortably on your foot and isn’t gonna heat it.
What are the advantages of wearing work socks in hot weather?
Wok socks will be perfectly useful for workers who use high-quality work boots on a daily basis, below are some advantages of wearing socks for work boots in hot weather:
Make you feel soft and comfortable
Reduce strain and stress on the legs
Prevent slippery inside your work boots
absorb sweat and dry feet
Some of these working socks are thermal resistant.
they can reduce skidding
Save your feet from rough or tough work boots
They are affordable.
What are the best socks for work materials?
Acrylic is a soft, durable synthetic fiber that is warm and lightweight. It is used the most in sweaters.
It adds extra cushioning to the work socks without weighing them down inside your work boots.
It also holds up to the repeated washing work your sock need.so if you need hard-wearing toast socks that are lightweight, acrylic material in the blend will help.
It is a stretchy material known as Lycra or Spandex, derived from polyurethane.
It holds its shape when it is blended with other fibers, helping the sock fit snugly around your Arch and ankle.
If you are looking for a sock for work boots that doesn’t slip and slide in your shoes, look for Elastane in the blend.
Polyester is a sturdy, water-repellent material that helps keep your work boot socks from fading. It is used to enhance durability.
Expect to find Polyester in most work boot socks.
Nylon gives durability to work socks. It’s versatile, strong, and mostly used with other fibers to stretch the fabric and improve its longevity.
Nylon is the main component in heavy-duty sock blends.
It’s common to see a small percentage of rubber in the work boot socks. As it adds valuable elasticity and helps the ribbing of the working sock stay in place.
Marketed as Olefin, the synthetic polypropylene fibers are extremely lightweight and water-resistant. When blended with moisture-absorbing fibers, it wicks moisture away from sweaty feet.
Wool from animals as sheep is the original stay-warm fabric. It’s wrinkle-resistant and absorbs moisture before starting to feel damp.
If you are concerned about itchiness, you should look for a sock made with Merino wool.
Marino wool does have the same properties as regular wool but with luxurious softness.
Cotton is a durable, natural, lightweight fiber, it is breathable and absorbs moisture, but without any added materials like nylon, it can hold wetness to your feet skin.
There are many high-quality work socks with cotton in the blend, but if you are wearing tall, heavy work boots accumulating moisture inside, look for blends that contain polypropylene or other moisture-wicking fibers.
What are the other types of best socks?
#1 Liner socks
These socks are worn under regular hiking socks. They are made of synthetics as CoolMax® Polyester.
They wick moisture away from your feet to the outer sock, where it evaporates.
That type of socks is popular hiking socks as they can be washed and dried faster than regular hiking socks on long trips.
#2 Waterproof socks
There are two choices; the first is Waterproof/breathable oversocks which are great for backpacking in rainy weather.
The second choice is waterproof/breathable socks, and they are worn in place of regular socks.
But with a thick exterior, a fleece interior, and a moisture barrier. They are designed to provide warmth in cold weather.
#3 Toe socks
Seamless toe socks help in preventing between-toe blisters. They are made of synthetic fibers; toe socks are made for running or hiking.
#4 Fleece socks
They are the best socks for sandals or shoes, or even by themselves as house slippers. Their fabric wicks moisture away but does not conform to the feet as a hiking sock.
The best overall work boot sock on our best work socks for hot weather is undisputedly the DICKIES MEN’S DRI-TECH SOCKS.
Our premium choice is the one and only HANES MEN’S FRESHIQ X-TEMP CREW SOCKS.
And the best budget is THORLOS EXPERIA XCCU THIN CUSHION SOCKS